Gavias Blockbuider URLA Resources
DocMagic Current Updates
In order to support our clients, DocMagic is working hard to provide users with access to the redesigned URLA ahead of the implementation dates. As such, DocMagic is proud to announce the following key details in our ongoing work to create, support, and provide clients with early access to key, industry-related changes. For up-to-date information, please bookmark this page and check in frequently.
- January 2019 - DocMagic completes data mapping in support of MISMO data conveyance
- November 2018 - DocMagic begins updates to DocMagic Online screens (DMO) in support of new URLA fields
- August 2018 - DocMagic completes data analysis and updated application design
- June 2018 - DocMagic completes gap analysis of supported data fields/additions to new URLA
- December 2017 - DocMagic adds new content and dynamic layout features present on the redesigned URLA
- August 2017 - DocMagic completes layout of the redesigned URLA
Fannie Mae Implementation Timeline
Freddie Mac Implementation Timeline
Sample of the First Page of the URLA
Links and Resources
Form 1003 Samples (click and download)
- DocMagic "Understanding the URLA" Webinar Recording
- DocMagic "Understanding the URLA: Part 2" Webinar Recording
- Fannie Mae Video Explanation
- Fannie Mae - old vs. new comparison (excel download)
- DocMagic Announces Support for the Redesigned Uniform Residential Loan Application (Feb. 2019)
- Redesigned URLA & Preferred Language Question (Dec. 2017)
- Wizard: New Form: Demographic Information Addendum Article (Feb. 2017)
- DM Plans for Implementing the Revised URLA, and Demographic Addendum (Oct. 2016)
- The URLA Gets a Facelift (Sept. 2016)
- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Release Redesigned URLA/Form 1003 (Aug. 2016)
The Redesigned URLA
The URLA has been updated to include some new (and removing some old) information borrowers must furnish in the application process, in the aim of providing greater clarity and easier use during this time.
The URLA accomplishes this by organizing information borrowers must provide, acknowledge, and agree to, compared to information the lender must collect and verify during processing and underwriting of the loan.
In addition, the GSEs have updated sections of the URLA to help lenders increase turn-around times by capturing more complete application information from borrowers by bolstering certain areas of the application such as income verification, military service, assets and liabilities, and more in depth property information.
A sample of the current form can be seen to the left, and a completed form may be downloaded using the links above.
And remember to prepare by:
- Identifying any data you do not currently collect
- Subscribe to DocMagic's mailing list
- Check DocMagic's website for updates
The right services
We can help you to transform your processes through the implementation and management of smart solutions, apps, and technology.